At the end of last year I posted a handful of goals I had for improvement. Here is this year’s version.
- Create clearer expectations for the logarithms unit — or at least make sure the unclarity is purposeful.
- Improve scientific notation materials.
- Revise the vocab lists for my word wall.
- Be careful about continuing instruction while students are still taking notes on prior info.
- Plan for more “discuss/work with a partner.”
- Provide examples of written work by previous students — practice critiquing them as class starter activities or as a way to get the writing juices flowing before a journal assignment.